Postgraduate study in Health Psychology
What can you study in Health Psychology?
You can study Health Psychology in a Master of Health Psychology, Postgraduate Diploma in Health Psychology or Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) – Medical and Health Sciences.
You will gain understanding in areas such as:
- Coping with illness and chronic disease
- Promoting healthy behaviours
- Psychological influences on the development of disease states
- Improving adjustment in healthcare settings
- Patient-practitioner communication
- Adherence to treatment
- Determinants of health-related behaviours (diet, exercise etc)
- The ways in which individuals make sense of and react to health screening, symptoms and illness
Health Psychology graduates will have a sound knowledge of the social and psychological aspects of health problems and the application of suitable psychological interventions in health settings.
Explore the postgraduate courses you can take in Health Psychology.
Where can postgraduate study in Health Psychology take you?
Health Psychology offers a variety of rewarding and interesting roles for graduates.
Jobs related to Health Psychology
- Clinical Health Psychologist
- Community Health Psychologist
- Occupational Health Psychologist