Bachelor of Arts, majoring in Mathematics
Major must include:
At least 30 points from:
- MATHS 253 Advancing Mathematics 3
- MATHS 255 Principles of Mathematics
- MATHS 260 Differential Equations
At least 45 points from:
- MATHS 315 Mathematical Logic
- MATHS 320 Algebraic Structures
- MATHS 326 Combinatorics
- MATHS 328 Algebra and Applications
- MATHS 332 Real Analysis
- MATHS 333 Analysis in Higher Dimensions
- MATHS 340 Real and Complex Calculus
- MATHS 353 Geometry and Topology
- MATHS 361 Partial Differential Equations
- MATHS 362 Methods in Applied Mathematics
- MATHS 363 Advanced Modelling and Computation
If you are beginning a BA in 2018
You can take a major in Mathematics as one of your two BA majors (a double major). Complementary BA majors with Mathematics could be Philosophy or Logic and Computation. If you wanted to add another dimension to your studies, you could choose your second major from any other BA subject, such as Sociology or History. You will need to pass at least 120 points (eight courses) towards each of your majors, including at least 45 points (three courses) at Stage III.
If you first enrolled in a BA prior to 2018
For a single major you must pass at least 135 points, including at least 60 points above Stage II.
For a double major you must pass at least 120 points in each of your two majors, including at least 45 points above Stage II in each major.
For a BA minor you must pass at least 90 points, including at least 60 points above Stage I.
How to choose your courses
You can choose your courses from those listed in the BA schedule for Mathematics. You must also meet any specific requirements indicated in the schedule.
2018 BA schedule