Doctoral study in Medical Imaging
Why study with us?
Our Department of Anatomy and Medical Imaging delivers the only postgraduate programmes in New Zealand for the medical imaging profession. The department is widely recognised for several outstanding features, including:
- Academic support for the state-of-the-art Biomedical Imaging Research Unit and Centre for Advanced MRI
- An internationally recognised human brain bank for neuroscience research
- A fully integrated facility that underpins anatomy, radiology and pathology teaching on the human body
- AMRF Medical Sciences Learning Centre - Whakaaro Pai
- A broad range of high-quality histology techniques in the Histology Laboratory
- Cutting edge anatomical research in the Auckland Clinical Anatomy Research Team
You could become involved in some of the important and life-changing research in our faculty.
Medical Imaging Research being undertaken in the Department of Anatomy and Medical Imaging includes covers variety of aspects of medical imaging including imaging physics and technology, medical imaging practice, medical imaging education and more. The Department has experts in working across a variety of medical imaging modalities.
Pursue your postgraduate study in Medical Imaging with us and benefit from exceptional standards of support and supervision from internationally recognised researchers.
Dr Beau Pontré
Programme Director Medical Imaging
Associate Professor Samantha Holdsworth
Dr. Sibusiso Mdletshe
Dr. Rhonda-Joy Sweeney
Dr Andrea Doubleday
Associate Professor Miriam Scadeng