Become a leader in the exciting world of Physical Education and Sport and turn your passion into a career.
Study theory and practice across the fields of Physical Education, Health Education and Sport. You can also follow a specific pathway of interest, which could include:
- Health and physical education
- Sport coaching and leadership
- Sport science
- Health education and leadership
Gain from courses that draw on the best of international research and practice, and are grounded in the educational, social and cultural contexts of Aotearoa New Zealand. You will learn how to respond to the needs of a range of community groups, including young people and Māori and Pacific communities. Undertake industry experience to support your learning.
Where can Physical Education take you?
Students will be able to support others’ enjoyment of physical activities. Careers include:
- Teaching (students can add a one-year postgraduate teaching qualification)
- Community physical activity coordinator
- Education consultant for regional and national sporting organisations