Postgraduate Certificate in Business Analytics (PGCertBusAn)
Fast-track your career as a business analytics professional through this short, practitioner-focused programme.
The Postgraduate Certificate in Business Analytics (PGCertBusAn) will develop your knowledge and skills to enable you to investigate business challenges and then source, manipulate and analyse data to address issues, and inform the development of business strategies.
It will equip you for entry into or in advancing a career as a business analytics professional in local and global business.
The PGCertBusAn is an alternative pathway for graduates who are initially uncertain about committing to a masters programme, and for those who do not achieve the required GPA for direct entry to the Master in Business Analytics (MBusAn).
Courses passed for the postgraduate certificate can be reassigned to the 180-point MBusAn provided you meet the minimum GPA entry requirement and the postgraduate certificate has not been awarded.
The PGCertBusAn will also serve as an additional exit qualification from the MBusAn for students who are unable to complete the requirements for progression to the advanced courses.
This programme will be offered from April 2021, subject to regulatory approval.
|Duration||Full-time: 6 months (2 quarters)
Part-time: 12 months (4 quarters)
Taught - 60 points
To be eligible to apply for admission to the Postgraduate Certificate in Business Analytics you must have:
- Completed a relevant bachelors degree from this University with a GPA of 4.0 or higher in the most advanced 90 points, or the equivalent, or a relevant bachelors honours degree from this University, or the equivalent.
- Completed STATS 108 Statistics for Commerce.
- You can also gain entry if you have completed the Postgraduate Diploma in Business in Administration or Postgraduate Diploma in Business Management from this University with a GPA of 4.0 or higher, or the equivalent. In addition you must have completed STATS 108, BUSADMIN 763 or BUSMAN 707 or the equivalent.
Note: A relevant degree may be in business, engineering, social sciences, sciences or technology.
60 points from:
- BUSINFO 700 Analysis of Business Problems
- BUSINFO 701 Business Analytics Tools
- BUSINFO 702 Information Management
- BUSINFO 703 Data Visualisation for Business
- BUSINFO 704 Predictive Business Analytics
- BUSINFO 705 Decision Analytics
- BUSINFO 706 Points Customer and Market Insights
- BUSINFO 708 Supply Chain Optimisation
Enquiries and applications
The Postgraduate Certificate in Business Analytics (PGCertBusAn) will be offered for the first time in Quarter 2, 2021, subject to regulatory approval. The application closing date is 6 September 2020. Late applications will be considered if places are still available.
For more information about the programme or to apply, please email us.