Streamline your presentation of data to others in a graphical format.
Excel 2016 offers six new chart formats and a host of design possibilities. Time to refresh your charting skills!
- Advanced formatting of everyday charts like Line, Bar and Combination
- Handling multiple Pie charts or using alternatives
- Adding elements to charts like custom labels and trendlines
- Creating Histograms, Pareto charts and Box and Whisker charts for analysis
- Exploring Waterfall financial charts
- Exploring hierarchies with Sunburst and Treemap charts
Take advantage of new and easier to use chart options to make an impact.
Alternatively, for University of Auckland and UniServices staff, please access the following Online learning courses to ensure you meet the minimum competency requirements for this workshop:
- Microsoft Excel 2016 Essentials: Creating, Editing, and Saving Workbooks
- Microsoft Excel 2016 Essentials: Formatting Data
- Microsoft Excel 2016 Essentials: Formulas and Functions
In addition, you may like to complete the following recommended online course:
- Microsoft Excel 2016 Essentials: Charts, Tables, and Images
This is an intermediate level workshop suitable for those who have completed the Excel Essentials workshop, prescribed online learning courses or who are competent with the prerequisites topics covered. Before registering for this workshop, it is your responsibility to ensure that you are competent with all the prerequisite topics.
PC and Mac computers are available on a first-come, first-served basis. If you require a Mac, please contact us so that we can make the necessary arrangements. Excel 2016 is used. Also suitable for 2013 users.
Free for University of Auckland and UniServices staff
If you are University of Auckland staff, please visit Career Tools to view workshop availability and register on a session.
For all others, please see our Registration page for more information.
Please be aware that a Cancellation policy applies to these workshop sessions.
Dates, times and venues for scheduled workshops 2019