The flexibility and ease with which you can harness the power of Excel will have you in demand for your expertise.
Build on the spreadsheet skills you have already gained and learn additional skills for dealing with larger sheets and more complex data.
- Viewing and printing larger worksheets, including print areas and print titles
- Creating and using names in a workbook
- Using absolute and relative cell references in formulas
- Summaries using simple worksheet functions e.g. SUMIF and COUNTIF
- Using conditional formatting to highlight cells and patterns
- Creating custom lists for sorting
- Streamlining your lists, remove duplicates and separate text
- Using Tables to format, calculate and summarise data effectively
- Advance your understanding of formulae and formatting
- Print all or part of larger spreadsheets effectively
- Understand the importance of tables for data storage
This is an intermediate level workshop which is suitable for those who have completed the prerequisite or who are competent with the topics covered in that workshop. Before registering, it is your responsibility to ensure that you are competent with the topics covered in the prerequisite workshop.
PC and Mac computers are available on a first-come, first-served basis. If you require a Mac, please contact us so that we can make the necessary arrangements. Excel 2016 is used. Also suitable for 2013 users.
Free for University of Auckland and UniServices staff
Free for University of Auckland postgraduate students
$125+GST for others
If you are University of Auckland staff, please visit Career Tools to view session availability and register on a session.
For all others, please see our Registration page for more information on how to register or withdraw and our Cancellation Policy.
Dates, times and venues for 2018
January - March 2018
Dates will be published here in the new year. Alternatively request a custom workshop.