LATIN 100G Introduction to Latin Language 1
LATIN 100G | Open | Semester One 2021 | City Campus | 15 points
Latin 100G is a course in beginner’s Latin and assumes no prior knowledge of the language. By the end of the course students will be able to produce and translate simple sentences. The course will also include a series of more general lectures, which will situate the Latin language in its broader social and cultural context.
A student who successfully completes this course will have the opportunity to:
- translate and produce simple sentences in Latin
- acquire a working knowledge of basic Latin grammar
- learn about the development of the Latin language in its historical context
- acquire skills in language learning and translation
- understand the influence of Latin on both English and other modern languages
- establish the foundations for advanced study in Latin
'I really enjoyed this course, and found both the lecturer and tutor very approachable, supportive and helpful. I'd highly recommend it.'
'The lecturer and tutor were both easily approachable which made learning a lot easier for me.'