MKTG 151G Essential Marketing
MKTG 151G | ARTS, EDSW, EMHSS, LC | Semester One 2021 | City Campus | 15 points
Marketing is an integral part of our modern world. Essential Marketing is designed for non-business students and provides an inside view of the world of marketing. We explore basic marketing principles and examine contemporary issues relevant to our changing world. We emphasise the creation of customer value and satisfaction through these principles and practices.
By the end of this course, you should have:
- Discussed marketing and the marketing process
- Considered marketing in relation to societal issues
- Obtained a general understanding of consumer behaviour
- Explored the fundamentals of marketing research
- Investigated how marketing strategies are formulated and implemented
- Gained a broad understanding of positioning strategy
- Studied branding and how it affects companies and consumers
- Understood how various marketing elements come together
- Introduction to marketing
- Strategic planning and the marketing environment
- Current issues in marketing
- Marketing research
- Buyer behaviour
- Segmentation, targeting and positioning
- Value creation
- Value capture
- Value delivery
- Value communication
'I enjoyed learning about a subject I would have never considered taking.'
'Every lecture and required reading was well organised by weeks and easy to find and access.'
'I liked how the lessons were structured and that the textbook was a useful tool throughout the course. Some courses I've taken have barely used the textbook and it feels like a waste of money but in this course it was a great way to assist my learning.'
'The lecturer was very nice and approachable, she explained things simply and made the content easy to understand. The assessments were all really interesting to do and a great way to put the content from the course all together and apply it to real life examples. The weekly quizzes were a great way to ensure I kept up to date with the content each week.'