SUSTAIN 100G Sustainability and Us
SUSTAIN 100G | Open | City Campus | Semester Two 2024 | 15 points
What is sustainability? Discusses what sustainability means, and its underpinning values, history and operation within complex physical systems. Students complete a group project to develop skills in collective decision making with a solution focus. Two sustainability issues, such as food and water, are discussed in depth.
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Embody a respect for all living beings and living systems.
- Critically discuss the concepts of sustainability and regeneration.
- Explain the structure, function and inherent interdependence of natural and social systems.
- Demonstrate an ability to solve real world problems and implement creative solutions.
- Demonstrate a commitment to collaboration and the capacity to work with others.
- Tell powerful and persuasive stories about the present and possible futures.
- Slow down and .... have hope.
'Opened my eyes to a current world problem that we bypass as part of our normal routine.'
'The detail the lecturers went into was really helpful.'
'The use of guest speakers was a great idea and really inspired me to research further and volunteer.'
'Interactive, dynamic lectures with relevant real-world examples.'
'I have honestly loved every aspect of this course. It definitely challenges the ideas and ways of interpreting information. Super useful to anyone looking to explore any degree program.'