TONGAN 101G Tongan Language 1
TONGAN 101G | Open | Semester Two 2018 | City Campus | 15 points
This course gives you an introduction to the structure of Tongan and develops your basic skills in listening, speaking, reading and writing.
It is designed for students with little or no knowledge of the language, and for those with some fluency wishing to understand simple sentence structure and composition.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Pronounce and write basic Tongan vocabulary
- Conduct conversations about the family
- Write in Tongan about daily events and happenings
- Write paragraphs in Tongan about the family, the Tongan social hierarchy, levels of Tongan language, and important Tongan customs
- Pronunciation of Tongan words
- Spelling of Tongan words
- Aspects of Tongan grammar, e.g. personal pronouns, possessive pronouns, tense markers
- Tongan families
- Tongan social hierarchy
- Tongan language levels
- Tongan customs
- Some Tongan tales of origin
All students must complete a Language Ability Declaration before enrolling in a language course.
To find out more visit First time enrolment in language courses.
Two assignments (15%)
Tutorial activities and tests (20%)