Foundation programmes for international students
These programmes offer international and other students whose first language is not English the best preparation for bachelors degree study.
They are taught on behalf of the University by ACG New Zealand International College and Taylors College (Auckland).
Study usually takes 1 year, although accelerated 8-month programmes are available to qualified students. They will prepare you for university education with skills in:
- critical and independent thinking
- computer use and research
- essential subject knowledge, such as accounting, calculus, chemistry, computer science, design, economics, English, geography, physics and statistics.
Completion with good grades gives you guaranteed entry into University of Auckland undergraduate degree programmes if you meet the following requirements:
- the minimum overall foundation course average score for the relevant undergraduate degree programme
- English language proficiency at a level equivalent to the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) of at least 6.0 overall (with no band below 5.5). Please note that some programmes may require higher scores
- meeting any additional programme entry requirements such as interviews, auditions or portfolios
There is more detailed information on admission requirements under Entry requirements.