Equity in recruitment, selection and appointment
This page provides advice on best practice in recruitment and selection. It also provides links to University resources that will assist in achieving the objectives of “maintaining and strengthening our core of excellent Māori staff” and a diverse representative workforce.
Fairness at work
Pro Vice-Chancellor (Equity), Trudie McNaughton, discusses how the University's commitment to equity leads to fairness in the workplace. She also highlights the many equity policies, resources and networks that are available to support staff.
Guidelines for equity in recruitment, selection and appointment
These provide a summarised overview of equity considerations in the recruitment, selection and appointment process from advertising to making the appointment.
Further advice on recruitment is available in the HR Manager’s Toolkit.
Equity policies, guidelines and checklists
- Equity Policy and Procedures
- Recruitment, appointment and induction policies
- Merit Relative to Opportunity Policy and Procedures
- Impartial Employment Decision Making Policy and Procedures
- Flexible Work Policy
- Staff with Disabilities Policy
- Staff with Disabilities and their Managers Guidelines
- Interviews involving whanau procedures
- Avoiding unconscious bias
- Checklist for employing staff with disabilities