Increasing equity representation in governance and leadership
Women, Maori and Pacific are currently under-represented in governance and leadership roles in New Zealand, which has negative impacts for members of these groups and for the governing bodies.
Board and other professional leadership opportunities enhance networking and skill development.
The Royal Society has a number of discipline based, governing or advisory fora which regularly call for membership nominations. These include:
- Discipline forums and committees
- The Royal Society Council
- Early Career forum
- International scientific unions on which the society has representation
- State sector boards and committees
- Private sector organisations
- Māori organisations
- Community sector