Menopause and the workplace
In a recent US survey, nearly half the working women aged 45 to 60 found that managing menopausal symptoms in their work life was extremely or somewhat difficult.
Menopause usually occurs in women between the ages of 45 and 55 and may result in a variety of symptoms lasting from four to eight years. 36% of female staff at the University are aged over 50 years.
Read more at Information for Managers: Menopause
Australasian Menopause Society
- Provides educational information for both health professionals and women
- Links to latest research
- Information sheets and resources
- Directory of doctors who specialise in women’s health and menopause
NZ Early Menopause Support Group
- Information website, news, links, discussion groups and support group
Website: Health Navigator - Menopause
- New Zealand not-for-profit health website backed by District Health Boards which provides information and key links
A Fenton, N Parry. Menopause and the Workplace, Climacteric, Jan 2016.