In an emergency
In an emergency call 111
Ask for police and give exact location
When to call the police
- When there is imminent danger
- A weapon is present
- Threats of violence or intimidation being made
- Property is being damaged
- Stalking or actual violence taking place
All risks and threats of violence on campus, and any suspicious behaviour should be reported to Security any time of the day or night.
0800 373 7550
Internal ph: ext 8500
Emergency internal phone: 966
External ph: 09 373 7550 or 0800 373 7550
These phone numbers are for any campus.
If a violence or a conflict situation occurs:
- The first priority is to keep yourself safe
- Move immediately to a safe place or room with access to a an exit, or ensure there is some barrier between you and the perpetrator such as a table
- Try to stay calm, e.g., lower your voice, don’t make any sudden movements
The Emergency Response Booklet includes how to take preventative measures in avoiding threats to personal safety.
Health, Safety and Wellbeing
Report any dangerous or potentially dangerous incidents or hazards to your local Health, Safety and Wellbeing Committee.