In an emergency

Rachael on the phone

In an emergency call 111

Ask for police and give exact location

111 Website

When to call the police

  • When there is imminent danger
  • A weapon is present
  • Threats of violence or intimidation being made
  • Property is being damaged
  • Stalking or actual violence taking place

Please take note of the new 111 ‘Silent Solution’

For people who need to contact police in an emergency when it is unsafe to talk. In these situations, after ringing 111 the caller can then push 55 on a mobile or any key on a landline to be automatically put through to Police.

Call Security

All risks and threats of violence on campus, and any suspicious behaviour should be reported to Security any time ct-advice.htmlof the day or night.

0800 373 7550

Emergency internal phone: 966

These phone numbers are for any campus.
There are emergency telephones at strategic locations throughout campus. These are linked to the main control room. Activate the emergency telephones by pressing the contact button once. The control room officer will answer.

Personal safety

If a violence or a conflict situation occurs:

  • The first priority is to keep yourself safe
  • Move immediately to a safe place or room with access to a an exit, or ensure there is some barrier between you and the perpetrator such as a table
  • Try to stay calm, e.g., lower your voice, don’t make any sudden movements

The Emergency Response Booklet includes how to take preventative measures in avoiding threats to personal safety.


Health, Safety and Wellbeing

Report any dangerous or potentially dangerous incidents or hazards to your local Health, Safety and Wellbeing Committee.