Student Appeals Committee
Terms of reference
- To hear and determine any application for the review of the amount of a penalty imposed pursuant to the Statute for Student Discipline, any other Statute or Rule (being a Statute or Rule as defined in the Statute for Student Discipline) and/or the imposition of that penalty
- To hear and determine any application for the review of any amount required by the Discipline Committee to be paid by way of restitution
- To impose a different penalty (being a penalty that is prescribed) or amount to be paid as restitution
- Conflicts of Interest
Committee members must declare any real or perceived conflicts of interest in line with the requirements of the University’s Conflicts of Interest Policy.
Committee members have a responsibility to treat all information with appropriate confidentiality. This includes matters tabled or discussed at the Committee meetings, as well as any additional issues that are raised outside meetings.
- Three lay members of Council, one of whom shall be appointed Chair and the other Deputy Chair
- The student member of Council
- The academic staff member of Council
- The professional staff member of Council
Appeals shall be held by a panel comprising the Chair or in his/her absence Deputy Chair plus three other members of the Committee, one of whom must be the student member of Council or the academic staff member of Council.
The Student Appeals Committee reports to Council.
Committee members and term of office
|Three Lay Members of Council||Holds office until|
|Dr R Prasad||31.12.2021|
|Mr J Paitai||31.12.2021|
|Ms R Newsome (Chair)||31.12.2021|
|The Student Member of Council||Holds office until|
|Mr J Wang||31.10.2021|
|The Academic Staff Member of Council||Holds office until|
|Professor J Curtin||31.12.2021|
|The Professional Staff Member of Council||Holds office until|
|Ms C Dunphy||31.12.2021|
Schedule of meetings
The Student Appeals Committee convenes when necessary.