Who to talk to if you are a staff member

Where there is a real or imminent threat, call the Police on 111.

You can talk to a support person. They can provide general information and support.
You can talk to a University Contact Person. They can provide access to University support such as flexible work arrangements, leave and campus personal safety planning.
You can talk to an expert organisation. They can provide personal safety planning, places of refuge, counselling, advocacy, advice on protection orders and other legal options.

These people can provide support if you are a staff member experiencing family violence and would like to explore your options. You are welcome to take a support person along with you. Confidentiality and privacy will be respected.

Support people for general information and support

Support people

There are a number of staff who can provide general information and support about family violence. These include faculty or department Equity Committee representatives, Health, Safety & Wellbeing Advisers and the Staff Dispute Resolution Coordinator.

Employment Assistance Programmes (EAP)

EAP Services are a confidential and independent provider of professional services including counselling. They can assist with overcoming problems which may affect home and work lives including stress, financial worries, alcohol, depression, relationships, grief and physical illness. Other services provided include financial, legal and career advice.

Phone: 0800 327 669 (7.30am–8pm Monday-Friday)
Email: ak@eapservices.co.nz

Tertiary Education Union (TEU)

Jane Kostanich
TEU Representative
Phone: +64 9 923 7688
Email: Jane.Kostanich@teu.ac.nz

Public Service Association (PSA)

Alamelu Badrinarayanan
PSA Representative
Phone: +64 9 923 7668
Email: a.badri@auckland.ac.nz

Contact People for access to formal University support

The below Contact People can help you access flexible work arrangements or leave to attend to family violence matters, or to develop a campus personal safety plan.

Your line manager, head of department or service division

Human Resources

Contact your HR Adviser or HR Manager

Staff Equity Manager

Cathie Walsh

East Wing ClockTower, Room 117
Phone: +64 9 373 7599 ext 88211
Email: cathie.walsh@auckland.ac.nz

Expert organisations

To contact an external organisation that can provide advice, support, emergency housing, personal safety planning or advocacy, see Expert organisations that can help

University Security

Report any suspicious behaviour to University Security immediately, no matter how minor it may appear.

City campus: +64 9 373 7599 ext 85000 or 0800 373 7550
Tāmaki Innovation Campus: +64 9 373 7599 ext 85225
Grafton campus: +64 9 373 7599 ext 86081
Epsom campus: +64 9 373 7599 ext 44835

Where there is a real or imminent threat, call the Police on 111.

Legal help

Find out more about your legal options