Lend a helping hand to an international student
Are you an alum with up to 20 years’ experience in the workforce post-graduation? Would you like to reconnect with the University of Auckland in a meaningful way and meet some interesting students and other alumni along the way? NZ Workplace Insights, a programme for international students that helps them gain a deeper understanding of the NZ work environment, needs alumni volunteers!
What it involves
- Time-frame is 20 August - 1 October 2019.
- A casual social occasion where you will meet fellow alumni and the students.
- A couple of hours of your time to chat to your student about your career journey and possibly show them around your workplace.
- A low-key debriefing and celebration event after the programme has concluded.
What’s in it for you?
- Enjoy a rewarding volunteer experience.
- Serve as a role model.
- Build relationships and connect.
- Learn about the University of Auckland student experience of today.
Want to read a first-hand account?
BCom graduate Philip Hadfield participated in the Workplace Insights Programme in 2018 and detailed his experience here.
If you’d like to sign up for this rewarding programme please register your interest by completing the form or if you’d like to know more, email firstname.lastname@example.org