Lend a helping hand to an international student
COVID-19 update: Due to the global health pandemic and restrictions on social gatherings, we have had to rearrange timings for the semester one and semester two Workplace Insights programmes. See below for details
Are you an alum with up to 20 years’ experience in the workforce post-graduation? Would you like to reconnect with the University of Auckland in a meaningful way and meet some interesting students and other alumni along the way? NZ Workplace Insights, a programme for international students that helps them gain a deeper understanding of the NZ work environment, needs alumni volunteers!
What it involves:
- A casual 'meet and greet' session where you will meet the student(s) (conducted virtually)
- A couple of hours of your time to chat to your student about your career journey and possibly show them around your workplace.
- A low-key debriefing and celebration event after the programme has concluded (conducted on campus)
- 9 July: Virtual meet and greet
- Between 10-26 July: Chat and/or workplace tour
- 29 July: End of programme celebration on campus
- 9 September: Virtual meet and greet
- Between 10-27 September: Chat and/or workplace tour
- 1 October: End of programme celebration on campus
What’s in it for you?
- Enjoy a rewarding volunteer experience.
- Serve as a role model.
- Build relationships and connect.
- Learn about the University of Auckland student experience of today.
Want to read a first-hand account?
BCom graduate Philip Hadfield participated in the Workplace Insights Programme in 2018 and detailed his experience here.