Lend a helping hand to an international student
Are you an alum with up to 20 years’ experience in the workforce post-graduation? Would you like to reconnect with the University of Auckland in a meaningful way and meet some interesting students and other alumni along the way? NZ Workplace Insights, a programme for international students that helps them gain a deeper understanding of the NZ work environment, needs alumni volunteers!
What it involves
- Time-frame is 1 April to 12 May 2020.
- A casual social occasion where you will meet fellow alumni and the students.
- A couple of hours of your time to chat to your student about your career journey and possibly show them around your workplace.
- A low-key debriefing and celebration event after the programme has concluded.
What’s in it for you?
- Enjoy a rewarding volunteer experience.
- Serve as a role model.
- Build relationships and connect.
- Learn about the University of Auckland student experience of today.
Want to read a first-hand account?
BCom graduate Philip Hadfield participated in the Workplace Insights Programme in 2018 and detailed his experience here.