OGGB Carpark upgrade
Thursday 8 April: Information about today's carpark upgrade at the Sir Owen G Glenn Building (OGGB).
There is a planned system upgrade of the University of Auckland carparking system in OGGB B260 Carpark 16.
The changeover is occurring today, Thursday 8 April 2021 from 7am to 6pm.
The following will happen while the changeover takes place:
- The exit unit barriers will be raised for some of the time throughout the day. The entry units will continue to be in operation and will still issue parking tickets.
- The pay stations will be operational most of the time. If a pay station is unavailable on a particular level in the carpark, customers will be directed to a level where pay stations are available to take payments.
- No cash payments will be taken for this period.
- The carpark is moving to a fully cashless system and will only support electronic (eftpos/credit) payments – please note credit card transactions will incur a surcharge of 2.5%.
- Permit holders can swipe in and out as usual, regardless of barriers being lifted.
- Security can be contacted for assistance via the intercom at the exit.
Benefits by upgrading the carpark system and provide cashless payment in the OGGB Carpark 16 include:
- Improvement to the user and customer experience.
- Improve the reliability of the system.
- Reduce maintenance costs.
Changes after this upgrade:
- No cash payment options available.
- Only eftpos and credit card payments will be accepted – note credit card transactions will incur a surcharge.
- Refreshed signage on pay stations.