Here you’ll find details on the fees for all residences, how we charge your room account, when you should pay, and how you can make payments.
The University of Auckland offers quality accommodation in the heart of Auckland City, at comparable prices to other New Zealand universities – making Auckland an affordable option.
Below is a comparison of fully-catered accommodation for 2019 across New Zealand institutions:
|University of Auckland||University Hall||$387|
|University of Canterbury||University Hall||$399|
|University of Otago||University College||$405|
|Victoria University||Te Puni Village||$392|
*Fees shown above are as at June 2019 and are subject to change.
How do the fees work?
Accommodation fees are calculated for the full period stated in the residential agreement, and include utilities such as water, electricity, and access to University WiFi.
In the catered halls, meals are also included.
Accommodation fees for the term of your residential agreement are charged to your room account in the following way:
- Advance payment and residential services fee: These are charged to your account prior to the start of your residential period and payment must be received before you are permitted to check in.
- Remaining balance: These will be applied to your account fortnightly according to the payment schedules below. You are required to make payment of each fortnightly chargewithin 7 days of the charged date.
- Additional charges: It is your responsibility to ensure that any additional charges made to your account due to damages, defaulting on payments, or items purchased through the online shop are paid in full before you check-out.
But what about my deposit?
At the time you accept your residential agreement, you are required to pay $750 to secure your place ($650 accommodation deposit & $100 administration fee*). As the $650 deposit forms part of your overall accommodation fees, this credit will be applied to your room account at the beginning of your residential period, and goes towards your advance payment.
Please note: The period of the residential agreement is fixed. You will be required to pay for the accommodation for the full period you have agreed to even if you arrive later than the start date, or leave prior to the end date.
*The $100 administrative fee is not a part of your overall accommodation total.
2020 Payment Schedules
University Halls of Residence
The below payment schedule relates to Grafton Hall & Grafton Student Flats, O'Rorke Hall, University Hall - Towers and Waipārūrū Hall.
University Self-Catered Residences
The below payment schedules relate to Carlaw Park Student Village, Grafton Student Flats, Te Tirohanga o te Tōangaroa, UniLodge Anzac/Beach, UniLodge Whitaker, Waikohanga House and 55 Symonds.
How can I pay?
You can pay your accommodation fees in two ways:
- Automatic payments via your bank. This is the preferred method of payment. Ensure that you use the first and last fortnightly instalment dates detailed on the table of fees for your residence when setting up your automatic payments through your online banking account or directly with your bank. The account details you will need to set up your fortnightly automatic payment are detailed below.
- Online payments via the accommodation portal. Payments can be made online through your Accommodation portal, by simply logging in, clicking on the Accounts tab in the blue menu bar, and following the instructions provided.
Online payment options include: Visa/Mastercard, Alipay, China UnionPay, Visa/Mastercard Debit Card or A2A | Account 2 Account (ANZ, ASB, BNZ, KiwiBank, TSB & Westpac only)
PLEASE NOTE: From January 2020, credit card and debit card payments will incur a 1.9% Convenience Fee. This will be added automatically when you make your payment. To find out more, visit the Card Payment Convenience Fee webpage.
Please note: If you want to make a lump sum payment in advance of any charges being made to your account - contact firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE you make the payment. Payments made before there is a charge (or debt) on your account, will not appear automatically on your room account as it will need to be manually transferred by our staff.
Bank Transfer details
To pay ‘move in costs, fortnightly payments or lump sum payments via bank transfer please use the details below:
Name of bank: ANZ
Name of account: University of Auckland Accommodation
Account number: 01 1839 0818777 07
Reference: Please provide your student ID number and residence name only as a reference on all bank payments.
For overseas transactions:
SWIFT code: ANZBNZ22
SWIFT BIC ADDRESS - NEW ZEALAND
ANZ Bank New Zealand Limited
170-186 Featherston Street, Wellington, New Zealand
Please note: we do not take cash or cheque payments for accommodation fees, however if you are in Auckland you are welcome to come into our office to pay your deposit by Eftpos, credit card or UnionPay, provided you are making the payment before your acceptance due date.
2019 Payment Schedules
University Catered Halls of Residence
The below payment schedules relate to Grafton Hall, O'Rorke Hall, University Hall - Towers, University Hall - Apartments and Whitaker Hall.
University Self-Catered Residences
The below payment schedules relate to Carlaw Park Student Village, Grafton Student Flats, Parnell Student Village, UniLodge Anzac/Beach, UniLodge Whitaker, Waikohanga House and 55 Symonds.
The below payment schedules relate to Huia Residence only.
The below payment schedule relates to Goldies Homestead only.