Science Student Centre
If you are looking for answers about your Science study, speak to us at the Science Student Centre.
We’re happy to help and give you advice on:
- Academic information and study options
- Admission and enrolment
- Tuākana programme
Monday to Friday 9am–4.30pm (except public holidays and the day after Easter Monday)
Make an appointment
Use our online booking system to make an appointment with one of our student support advisers. Appointments can be carried in person or via Zoom. More information is available on the booking site.
If you don't have an appointment, feel free to email us at email@example.com.
Level G, Room G 20
(beside the entrance to the Large Chemistry Lecture Theatre)
23 Symonds Street
Important dates, exams, graduation, Summer School, Academic Integrity and DELNA can be found on the Academic Information page.
So you have exams coming up
Exams can be a stressful time. You can check out all that the university and the Faculty of Science has to offer below.
Wanting to do some practice exams? Check out the Library and Learning Services past exams.
Needing to double check when and where your exam is? Other than checking your Student Services Online, you will be emailed the time, day and location of your exam or you can see the timetable.
You can read all about your upcoming exams on our handy Exam Guide page.
Are you about to graduate, or have you just graduated? You can find all the information you will need to know about your graduation ceremony on our graduation page.
Interested in Summer School? If you want to take the pressure of your academic year, or you need to repeat one of your courses, we recommend taking a paper over summer school. Courses are carried out over a six-week period. Check out the Summer School page.
Academic Integrity Course
The academic integrity is course is a five-part module that all students are automatically enrolled into. It is a compulsory course that will be available to take on your Canvas page. We recommend you complete this in your first semester of study otherwise a Did Not Complete (DNC) will appear on your record and you will automatically be re-enrolled and required to take it again.
Find a breakdown of our undergraduate and postgraduate programme offerings:
Find out all you need to know about making an application for admission to the university and gaining entry into undergraduate and postgraduate programmes on the Applications and Admissions page.
All you need to know about enrolling is available on the Enrolment page.
Planning your degree
Choose courses for your Science degree and have a look at the Science degree planners.
- Prospectuses View and download the Faculty of Science undergraduate and postgraduate prospectuses
- Key contacts Contact information and course advice for future and current undergraduate and postgraduate students at the Faculty of Science.
- Forms and procedures for students Downloadable forms and information related to examination, records, enrolment, fees, graduation and conflict resolution.
- Tuākana Programme Tuākana is a mentoring programme designed to help Māori and Pacific students achieve the best possible grades via workshops, study groups and sessions with tutors and mentors.
- Student Support Services Learn more about the support services available to Science students - from academic and learning assistance to personal and living support, and support for our Māori and Pacific students.
- Future science student webinars We have a series of degree planning webinars and enrolment clinics for future science students. Watch past webinars or register for upcoming ones.