The Doctoral Induction is compulsory for all new PhD and named doctorate candidates. Find out how to book and what to do next.
Booking the Doctoral Induction
The Doctoral Induction is compulsory for all candidates enrolled on a PhD or named doctorate. At the Doctoral Induction, you'll network with other new doctoral candidates and hear vital information that will help you make a strong start to your studies.
We strongly recommend that you book a Doctoral Induction as soon as you have enrolled, and certainly within two months of your start date.
If you are a PhD candidate, please use the calendar function on Wahapū to book your Doctoral Induction. Visit Wahapū.
If you are in a Named Doctorate Programme (EdD, DClinPsy, MD, DocFA, DMus or DMA) please contact the School of Graduate Studies to book your Doctoral Induction. Contact the School of Graduate Studies.
Doctoral Induction programme
Please ensure you arrive in good time to register for your induction session.
- Introduction from the School of Graduate Studies
- Introduction to doctoral processes: Your candidature
- Introduction to doctoral processes: Your provisional year and Confirmation Review
- Working with your supervisors
- The doctoral experience: Doctoral Development Framework, opportunities and community