The Doctoral Induction is compulsory for all new PhD and named doctorate candidates. Find out how to book and what to do next.
Booking the Doctoral Induction
The Doctoral Induction is compulsory for all candidates enrolled on a PhD or named doctorate. At the Doctoral Induction, you'll network with other new doctoral candidates and hear vital information that will help you make a strong start to your studies.
We strongly recommend that you book a Doctoral Induction as soon as you have enrolled, and certainly within two months of your start date.
Click on the button below to check out upcoming Induction dates and to book your place. Advance booking is essential. Enrolled doctoral candidates only.
Doctoral Induction programme
Please ensure you arrive in good time to register for your induction session.
- Opening karakia
- Introduction from the School of Graduate Studies
- Introduction to doctoral processes: Your candidature
- Introduction to doctoral processes: Your Provisional year
- Morning Tea
- Working with your supervisors
- Doctoral experience: Opportunities and community
- Health and Wellbeing
- Where to from here?
- Closing karakia