The Doctoral Induction is compulsory for all new PhD and named doctorate candidates. Find out how to book and what to do next.
Booking the Doctoral Induction
The Doctoral Induction is compulsory for all candidates enrolled on a PhD or named doctorate. At the Doctoral Induction, you'll network with other new doctoral candidates, get vital information that will help you during your first year and hear from current PhD candidates about their provisional year experiences.
We strongly recommend that you book a Doctoral Induction as soon as you have enrolled, and certainly within two months of your start date.
Click on the button below to check out upcoming Induction dates and to book your place. Advance booking is essential. Enrolled doctoral candidates only.
Doctoral Induction programme
Please ensure you arrive in good time to register for your induction session.
- Registration and networking (tea and coffee provided)
- Welcome from the School of Graduate Studies
- The doctoral experience
- Doing a PhD at the University of Auckland: timelines, policies and procedures
- Introduction to Wahapū
- Working with your supervisor and provisional year goals
- Morning or afternoon tea (tea, coffee and biscuits provided)
- Libraries and Learning Services: Research Services
- Doctoral candidate panel discussion
- Wrap up