Campus Card terms and conditions
The University aims to provide a safe and secure environment, where affiliated parties can be easily and quickly identified. The Campus Card has been designed to provide a single, centrally managed, multi-purpose identity (ID) card that serves as both a form of University identification and credential for interaction with the University.
Terms and conditions
- Campus Cards must only be issued once a valid affiliation has been confirmed via enrolment or Human Resources.
- The front of the Campus Card must contain the card holders name (preferred first name if one is present), photograph, affiliation with the University and ID number.
- The photograph provided for a Campus Card must not be more than two years old at the time of printing.
- The Campus Card remains the property of the University and expires when the card holder is no longer affiliated with the University.
- The first Campus Card issued for each card holder will not incur any charge.
- Staff member and Contractor Campus Cards are to be issued at the time of hiring and are arranged via the hiring manager.
- Cards for staff members must be collected by the manager/supervisor and returned to the Campus Card Office when employment with the University is terminated.
- If collection of the card is not possible, the manager/supervisor must contact the Campus Card Office to notify them.
- The Campus Card must be presented upon request by a University official.
- University personnel may request additional identification to ensure that a Campus Card belongs to the individual presenting the card.
- A Campus Card is for the exclusive use of the individual to whom it was issued. Cards must not be loaned or given to anyone else at any time.
- The card must not be accepted if the photo on the card does not resemble the individual presenting the card.
- In cases of misuse the Campus Card Office must be notified and use of the card will then be suspended.
- Card holders are responsible for any activity, service or privilege, associated with their card if it was loaned or given to another person.
- Any lost or stolen Campus Card must be reported to the University immediately via the Student Information Centre or the Student Contact Centre on (09) 373 7599.
- Tampering with a Campus Card, a card reader, data line, or any related equipment, may subject the card holder to disciplinary procedures.
Note - if you witness misuse of a card or card reader, please call the University of Auckland Contact Centre on (09) 373 7599