Getting your Campus Card
As a new staff member, including contractors and visitors, follow the below instructions to receive your Campus Card:
1. Your hiring manager should request your card to be ready for your start date
2. Once your contract is signed, you will receive instructions to submit an ID photo via the Self-Service Portal
If your manager has not requested your card, you can order a Campus Card yourself once you start work:
1. Fill out the Campus Card Request form and your card should be delivered to your requested internal address within a few days
2. Visit one of the Campus Card Centres (see below) to get your Campus Card printed on the spot
Replacing your card
Replacement cards are free for staff. To get a new card, repeat the above process – either fill out the Campus Card request form again or visit one of the Campus Card centres.
If you are concerned about your card being found and used by someone else, call Security on extension 85000 or 0800 373 7550 immediately, and the card access will be
- If Security deactivates your access, you will need to contact your Facilities
Coordinator to activate access on your new card.
- If you don’t inform Security of your lost card, access will automatically transfer to your new card – you will receive an email informing you when this has happened.
Using your card
You can use your Campus Card for:
- Access to your relevant buildings
- Gym membership
Note: You cannot use your Campus Card for OGGB parking access, as the carpark system can only read Indala cards. You will be need a separate card for the barrier arm,
which will be issued by Carparking.
Campus Card Centres
Alfred Nathan House, Ground Floor
City Campus (Entrance past the General Library on Alfred St)
Opening hours: Monday to Friday 8am-6pm.
Faculty of Education and Social Work student centre
Located on Level 1 of A block down the corridor to the left of reception.
Opening hours: Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm.