Campus Card terms and conditions
All members of the University.
To clarify the nature and purpose of the University Campus Card.
The University aims to provide a safe and secure environment, where affiliated parties can be easily and quickly identified.
The Campus Card has been designed to provide a single, centrally managed, multi-purpose identity (ID) card that serves as both a form of University identification and credential for interaction with the University.
A University Campus Card allows current affiliated users access to a range of Campus Card services including library and print services, access to campus facilities, and more.
- The Campus Card is to be used to identify an individual as an affiliated user at the University.
- The front of the Campus Card must contain the card holder’s name (preferred first name if one is present), photograph, and affiliation with the University and ID number.
- The Campus Card remains the property of the University and expires when the user is no longer affiliated with the University.
- A Campus Card is for the exclusive use of the individual to whom it was issued.
- Cards must not be loaned or given to anyone else at any time.
- It may not be lent or transferred to another person and should be carried at all times to verify an individual’s identity to University officials.
- University personnel may request additional identification to ensure that a Campus Card belongs to the individual presenting the card.
- The card must not be accepted if the photo on the card does not resemble the individual presenting the card.
- The Campus card must be used as identification to access a number of areas and services across the University such as Library and Recreational and Print services.
- Campus Cards must only be issued once a valid affiliation has been confirmed via enrolment or Human Resources.
- Staff member and Contractor Campus Cards are to be issued at the time of hiring and are arranged via the hiring manager.
- The Campus Card will allow users the ability to put monetary value on to the card called campus cash.
- Campus cash can only be spent on campus at participating locations including printing and copying services.
- Users will have access to a balance management system, which will allow for the funding and consumption of printing services.
- At the end of their association with the University individuals are entitled to a one time refund of funds left on their campus card.
Misuse and tampering
- In cases of misuse the Campus Card Office must be notified and use of the card will then be suspended.
- Tampering with a Campus Card, a card reader, data line, or any related equipment, may subject the cardholder to disciplinary procedures.
- If you witness misuse of a card or card reader, please call the University of Auckland Contact Centre on (09) 373 7599.
Change in Campus Card policy
- The University reserves the right to make reasonable changes in the Campus Card Policy.
- Changes in the Campus Card policy will apply to all Campus Card holders.
- New policies will supersede polices in effect when the card was issued and/or validated.
- The University will notify cardholder of any changes in the Campus Card Policy and of the date on which the changes will become effective.
- The first Campus Card issued for each user will not incur any charge. A replacement Campus Card will incur a $20 fee.
- The fee stated above may be waived by the University if the card can be shown to have a manufacturing fault.
- Individuals are required to return the faulty card to the Campus Card office before a replacement card is issued.
- This fee does not apply when the individual has officially recorded a name change with the University, provided the old ID card is turned in. Note - Please see the University’s policy on name changes for more information on current processes.
- Cards for staff members must be collected by the manager/supervisor and returned to the Campus Card Office when employment with the University is terminated.
- If the collection of a Campus Card is not possible, the manager/supervisor must contact the Campus Card Office to notify them.
Lost of stolen Campus Card
Note - To report your Campus Card lost or stolen please visit the link to the self-service portal.
- If you have door access attached to your Campus Card you must call security on 0800 373 7550 immediately to have your card changed for access.
- By reporting your card as lost or stolen, you are suspending the functionality of your card.
- If you find your card subsequently, you can reactivate it as long as you have not replaced it already.
- Until notice has been received, you will be responsible for all use of your Campus Card, whether or not such use is authorized by you until the card is suspended.
- Upon issuance of a replacement Campus Card, any existing campus cash balance will be accessible through the new card. Note - once your old Campus Card is replaced due to theft or loss, it is de-activated and cannot be re-activated should you find it at a later date.
Expiry of cards
- All Campus Cards will expire 6 years from the date of issuance.
- Should you continue to remain affiliated to the University after such date, a new card will be issued at no cost.
- Should you at any time discontinue affiliation with the university but return within 6 years, your card will still be valid.
- The photograph provided for a Campus Card must not be more than two years old at the time of printing.
- Your photograph image will be used on your Campus Card and may also be used on various other University systems to identify you.
- If you have provided your own photograph, you grant the University a non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use your photograph on your Campus Card and on University systems or directories.
- For identity purposes, hats and head coverings must not be worn for the photograph on the Campus Card, unless it is worn daily for religious beliefs or medical reasons.
- However, the individual’s full face must be clearly visible, and the head covering must not cast any shadows on the individual’s face.