Sexual violence support sessions
You don’t have to do this alone. We’ll listen, respect, and support you all the way.
Come along to one of HELP's sexual violence support drop-in sessions.
This is a safe, confidential and non-judgmental environment. No appointment necessary, just drop in and see one of the trained sexual violence specialist counsellors.
Every Wednesday 10.30am-1.30pm during semester.
If you are unable to make the drop-in sessions, you can still reach out to HELP directly and arrange an appointment via Zoom, or visit their Mt Eden offices.
The Manaaki Room (next door to Uni Physio).
Level 3 Kate Edger Information Commons
HELP is committed to contributing to ending sexual abuse and along with this, physical abuse and neglect. Sexual violence has a high cost. Victims/survivors, perpetrators, family members, friends, acquaintances, and others are affected by sexual violence in many ways: physically, emotionally, socially, legally, financially, at school, home and work.
Their services includes, but are not limited to:
- Support through court processes
- A 24/7 telephone counselling HELPline
- A call-out service to support people through police interviews and forensic medicals
- Psycho-education for preschool children and their caregivers – We Can Keep Safe programme
- Face-to-face therapy on-site for children and their families, young people and adults
- Training for community groups.
If you have any questions regarding these sessions, please contact the Be Well | Whai Hauora team on firstname.lastname@example.org