If you are planning to start postgraduate study, here’s our step-by-step guide for applications, admission and enrolment. If you are applying for doctoral study, see Doctoral applications.
Step 1. Choose your programme
Step 2. Apply for admission
Before you apply you will need,
- information on your prior study
You may need:
Is this your first time applying with us?
- Click Application for Admission
- Register for a new account:
- Click ‘Sign up for a new account’ below the Password entry field.
- A confirmation message will ask you to confirm sign up for a new account. Select ‘Confirm’.
- The 'Register for a new account' page will appear. Enter your email address, name and a password and click ‘Register’ (After accepting the IT Acceptable Use Policy and Disclaimer).
- In the next page provide your contact details, date of birth, citizenship, ethnicity. Also indicate if you have a disability so we can better meet your needs.
- Complete all your Application for Admission sections, including:
- ‘Academic History’: Enter all qualifications you completed or are currently completing.
- ‘Programme Selection’: Select your intended programme.
- Submit your application:
- Ensure you have read the Declaration section. Click ‘I Agree’ and ‘Submit application.’
If you have applied, studied or worked with us before
- Login to Application for Admission
- Use either your ID number or the email address used when you applied, and your password.
- To reset your password see I have forgotten my password.
- View/Update your ‘Personal summary’
- Click, ‘Apply for programme’ to add a new programme.
- You can apply for a maximum of six programmes. Special Admission applicants can only have two active applications.
- Submit your application:
- Ensure you have read the Declaration section. Click, ‘I Agree’ and ‘Submit application.’
What to expect after you apply
Within two working days, you will receive an acknowledgement email with,
- a list of supporting documents we require.
- a Student ID number for logging into your Application for Admission.
Step 3. Submit your supporting documents
Documents we require from you can be identified in your acknowledgement email or in the 'Things you need to do' list in your Application for Admission.
For more information around application documents, visit AskAuckland - documents.
Step 4. Track your application progress
If you applied for the next semester intake, an admission decision will be made within four weeks from receipt of the required documents. Delays may occur for future semester intakes and during peak admission periods (September to January and May to July).
Some documents may take longer to process than others.
Offer of place notification can vary depending on the assessment of programme-specific requirements such as a portfolio, audition and/or interview.
To see the status of your documents submitted, you can access the 'Things you need to do' list in your Application for Admission.
To see the status of the programme(s) you’ve applied for, you can access 'Your applications' in your Application for Admission.
Step 5. View your application decision
When a decision is made, the status will show on the 'Your applications' section of the Application for Admission.
Offer of place
You can accept or decline an offer of place in a programme from your Application for Admission. When you accept an offer of place, you are admitted to your programme. We will acknowledge your acceptance by email, with information on how to enrol.
If you have a conditional offer of place, you will need to meet all the conditions before you can enrol.