Before you arrive in New Zealand to begin your studies at the University of Auckland, you need a valid passport and a student visa.
What is a student visa?
A student visa is an endorsement in your passport that allows you to enter New Zealand.
How do I apply for a student visa?
Applying from overseas
- When applying for a student visa, you are required to pay your tuition fees first. You must include the receipt with your visa application to Immigration New Zealand.
- You also need to provide a copy of your offer of place from the University.
- Immigration New Zealand provides specific details of all documentation required for a student visa on the application form. You can download it from Immigration New Zealand.
Applying as an exchange student
- Exchange students must get a student visa before entering New Zealand.
- After you receive our offer of place from your exchange coordinator, apply immediately for your student visa by contacting your nearest New Zealand Embassy or Consulate.
- You must be able to support yourself financially for the duration of your stay.
See full visa requirements at Immigration New Zealand.