University of Auckland Top Achiever Scholarships
Awarded to exceptional students, who have excellent academic achievement and demonstrated leadership potential.
$20,000 paid in the first year.
This scholarship also includes a guaranteed place in a Hall of Residence.
For detailed information about the scholarship value and accommodation components, visit The University of Auckland Top Achiever Scholarship regulations.
Am I eligible for this scholarship?
Assessment criteria includes:
- The number of Excellence credits you attained at NCEA Level 2 or 3 last year, or your CIE average from last year, or your predicted score for IB for this year
- Whether you competed in the finals of academic, sporting or arts competitions
- Whether you held senior leadership positions at school
- If you have been awarded a community-based honour
- If you have been selected by an outside agency or trust to attend leadership training or personal development programme
- If you have provided academic mentoring to other students
The University of Auckland is a committed to providing a safe, inclusive and equitable study environment for all students who have the potential to succeed in a university of high international standing.
The Top Achiever Scholarship acknowledges that some talented students may face barriers to entry and takes into account if you:
- are the first in your family to attend university;
- are from a refugee background; or
- have a disability.
The University also has a rigorous process for reviewing all applications, and ensuring scholarship recipients are drawn from secondary schools across New Zealand.
Apply for the University of Auckland Top Achiever Scholarship
Ready to apply? Download a copy of the regulations and check that you are eligible before you start your application.
When you are ready, click on the blue "Apply here" button on the University of Auckland Top Achiever Scholarship application page and complete the online application form.
Applications open on Wednesday 1 July and close at 5pm on Wednesday 19 August 2020.