Our Bachelor of Medical Imaging (Honours) (BMedImag(Hons)) is the first undergraduate Medical Imaging programme and the only honours degree in Medical Imaging to be offered by a university in New Zealand.
Our graduates are eligible for registration with the New Zealand Medical Radiation Technologists Board (MRTB).
You will benefit from a combination of academic and clinical studies. The programme is evidence-based and research-led. The extensive hands-on clinical experience throughout is supported by experienced Medical Imaging Technologists (MITs) in radiology departments. The programme offers practical experience in simulation labs, hospitals and outpatient radiology facilities. So you will be well prepared to apply your learning in the clinical workplace. Study with us towards a rewarding and patient-centred career as a Medical Imaging Technologist.
You will be selected on the basis of academic merit and personal qualities exhibited during the admission interview (MMI).
There are two application categories for entry into the BMedImag(Hons):
- Undergraduate entry: Undergraduate applicants may apply from either BSc at the University of Auckland or the HSFY at the University of Otago
- Graduate entry
- Entry criteria may change every year.
- There is no direct entry from secondary school, school leavers are encourage to apply under the First Year entry category.
- Shortlisted applicants will be subject to a Multiple Mini Interview (MMI).
- Special entry schemes are available for domestic students.