Our Bachelor of Medical Imaging (Honours) (BMedImag(Hons)) is the first undergraduate Medical Imaging programme and the only honours degree in Medical Imaging to be offered by a university in New Zealand.
Our graduates will be eligible to apply for registration with the New Zealand Medical Radiation Technologists Board (MRTB). The BMedImag(Hons) programme is currently being assessed for accreditation by the MRTB.
The programme is evidence-based and research-led and you will benefit from a combination of academic and clinical studies. The programme offers practical experience in simulation labs, hospitals and private radiology facilities so you will be well prepared to apply your learning in the clinical workplace. The extensive hands-on clinical experience throughout is supported by experienced Medical Imaging Technologists (MITs). Study with us towards a rewarding and patient-centred career as a Medical Imaging Technologist.
You will be selected on the basis of academic merit and personal qualities exhibited during the admission interview (MMI).
There are two application categories for entry into the BMedImag(Hons):
- Undergraduate entry: Undergraduate applicants may apply from either BSc at the University of Auckland or the HSFY at the University of Otago. You can apply as an Undergraduate applicant at the end of your first and/or second year of study in the Bachelor of Science.
- Graduate entry
- Entry criteria may change every year.
- There is no direct entry from secondary school, school leavers are encouraged to apply under the First Year entry category.
- Shortlisted applicants will be subject to a Multiple Mini Interview (MMI).
- Special entry schemes are available for domestic students.