Undergraduate study in Academic English Studies
What you can study in Academic English Studies
You can choose from courses that will improve your academic English writing, reading, speaking and listening.
These are practical courses that will help you with your reading, writing, listening and speaking skills. They are designed to help you succeed in the other courses you are taking at university.
You can learn how to:
- Read your course notes or lecture readings faster and more efficiently
- Write a good quality essay
- Avoid plagiarism
- Understand your lectures better by listening for the main ideas
- Take simple clear notes when listening in your lectures
- Improve your pronunciation and feel confident when speaking to a group, either in a tutorial or when giving a presentation to a small group
Students who take an ACADENG course in their final year have said that they wish they had taken ACADENG earlier in their studies.
How you can study Academic English Studies
You can take Academic English Studies (ACADENG) courses as:
- Elective courses in your Bachelor of Arts
- Part of a BA major in Academic English Studies and Linguistics
You may be able to include these courses as part of another degree. Check with your student centre to see if you can.
Explore the undergraduate courses you can take in Academic English Studies: