Our faculty has an international reputation for research and innovation, providing you with unrivalled access to various clinical environments.
This Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB) programme is accredited by the Australian Medical Council on behalf of the Medical Council of New Zealand.
Entry into the MBChB is limited and competitive. You will be selected on the basis of academic merit, UMAT performance and personal qualities exhibited during the admission interview (MMI). There are 257 domestic places available each year.
There are two application categories for entry into the MBChB:
• First year entry: First year students may apply after completing Year 1 of the BHSc or BSc (Biomedical Science) at the University of Auckland. The success of their application will depend in part on the grades they have achieved.
• Graduate entry
School leavers cannot apply directly into the MBChB, they are advised to apply via First Year entry.
• You can only have two attempts at applying to the MBChB programme.
• Entry criteria may change every year.
• You will be required to sit the Undergraduate Medical and Health Sciences Admission Test (UMAT) in the year of application.
• Shortlisted applicants will be subject to a Multiple Mini Interview (MMI).
• Special entry schemes are available for domestic students.