Our faculty has an international reputation for research and innovation, providing you with unrivalled access to various clinical environments.
This Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB) programme is accredited by the Australian Medical Council on behalf of the Medical Council of New Zealand.
Entry into the MBChB is limited and competitive. You will be selected on the basis of academic merit, University Clinical Aptitude Test for Australia and New Zealand (UCAT ANZ) performance and personal qualities exhibited during the admission interview (MMI). There are 257 domestic places available each year.
There are two application categories for entry into the MBChB:
- First year entry: First year applicants may apply from either
the BHSc or BSc (Biomedical Science) at the University of Auckland
- Graduate entry
School leavers cannot apply directly into the MBChB, they are advised to apply via First Year entry.
- You can only apply once under the "First Year" entry category, and only in the year in which this study is undertaken.
- You can only apply once under the "Graduate Entry" category for each qualifying programme attained.
- Entry criteria may change from year to year.
- You will be required to sit the University Clinical Aptitude Test for Australia and New Zealand (UCAT ANZ) in the year of application.
- Shortlisted applicants will be required to participate in a Multiple Mini Interview (MMI).
- Special entry schemes are available for domestic students.