Our Faculty has an international reputation for research and innovation, providing you with unrivalled access to various clinical environments. This programme is accredited by the Australian Medical Council on behalf of the Medical Council of New Zealand.
You need to apply for the first year of either the Bachelor of Health Sciences or Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Science. School leavers cannot apply directly into the MBChB.
There are two application categories for entry into the MBChB:
- Category One: First year BHSc or BSc (Biomedical Science)
- Category Two: Graduate admission
- You can only have two attempts at applying to the MBChB programme.
- Entry criteria may change every year
- You will be required to sit the Undergraduate Medical and Health Sciences Admission Test (UMAT) in the year of application.
- Special entry quotas available for domestic students only
Read the full programme regulations for the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery in the University of Auckland Calendar.