Bachelor of Advanced Science (Honours) (BAdvSci(Hons)) specialising in Chemistry
Your BAdvSci(Hons) programme will consist of a number of courses worth 15 points each, totalling 480 points. For your Chemistry specialisation you must complete the following courses.
15 points from:
- MATHS 108 General Mathematics 1
- MATHS 110 Mathematics for Science
- MATHS 130 Calculus
- PHYSICS 120 Advancing Physics 1
- CHEM 251 Structure and Spectroscopy
- CHEM 252 Properties and Analysis of Matter
- CHEM 253 Making Molecules: Synthesis and Isolation
- CHEM 254 Modelling Chemical Processes
- CHEM 351 Chemicals Big and Small: Nano-material to Bio-macromolecules
- CHEM 352 Advanced Concepts in Chemistry
- CHEM 310 Structural Chemistry and Spectroscopy
- CHEM 320 Design and Reactivity of Inorganic Compounds
- CHEM 330 Contemporary Organic Chemistry
- CHEM 340 Advanced Analytical Chemistry
- CHEM 360 Contemporary Green Chemistry
- CHEM 380 Materials Chemistry
- CHEM 390 Medicinal Chemistry
60 points from :
- CHEM 710 Advanced Physical Chemistry
- CHEM 720 Advanced Inorganic Chemistry
- CHEM 730 Modern Methods for the Synthesis of Bioactive Molecules
- CHEM 735 Advanced Medicinal Chemistry
- CHEM 738 Biomolecular Chemistry
- CHEM 740 Current Topics in Analytical Chemistry
- CHEM 750A Advanced Topics in Chemistry 1
- CHEM 750B Advanced Topics in Chemistry 1
- CHEM 751A Advanced Topics in Chemistry 2
- CHEM 751B Advanced Topics in Chemistry 2
- CHEM 760 Advanced Green Chemistry
- CHEM 780 Advanced Materials Chemistry
You can use our degree planners to help you plan the courses you need to take for your BAdvSci(Hons). To find the most up to date Chemistry degree planner, please to go the Science degree planners page.
Preparing for your Chemistry specialisation
Some students will feel more prepared for our Chemistry courses if they have already studied certain subjects in high school.
Find out which school subjects will help you feel prepared by reading our Subject guide for school students.
Help and advice
Visit your hubs for help and advice on any aspect of your studies and life at University.
The Student Hubs are your physical gateway to Waipapa Taumata Rau | the University of Auckland.
The Student Hubs services are available seven days a week at the City, Grafton, Epsom and Tai Tonga campuses and six days a week at Tai Tokerau, with friendly staff available to provide you with advice on any aspect of your studies and life at the University.