The Master of Applied Finance is a 15-month, 180 point coursework masters programme studied over five quarters.
You will study eight core courses (Part I) addressing core finance and related topics including accounting, quantitative economics, financial markets law, corporate finance, investment decision-making, financial risk management, consultancy practice, and advanced financial management. The business consultancy practice course delivered in Part I supports the development of the professional skills required for successful engagement in and completion of the capstone industry project in Part II.
In Part II you will choose from one of three specialisation areas: Financial Analytics, Sustainable Finance, or FinTech. Each specialisation comprises two specialist field courses and an industry-based consultancy project.
180 points: Taught masters
Part I 120 points:
- BUSFIN 700 (15 points): Business Accounting and Finance
- BUSFIN 701 (15 points): Economics for Financial Analysts
- BUSFIN 702 (15 points): Financial Markets Law
- BUSFIN 703 (15 points): Corporate Finance
- BUSFIN 704 (15 points): Investment Decision-making
- BUSFIN 705 (15 points): Financial Risk Management
- BUSFIN 706 (15 points): Advanced Financial Management
- BUSFIN 707 (15 points): Consultancy Practice
Part II 60 points, chosen from:
Financial Analytics Specialisation
- BUSFIN 710 (15 points): Financial Modelling Techniques
- BUSFIN 711 (15 points): Financial Analytics Applications
- BUSFIN 720 (30 points): Financial Analytics Industry Project OR BUSFIN 723 (30 points): Financial Analytics Project
*Note: Delivery of the FinTech specialisation is subject to confirmation and dependent on factors that include student enrolments.
- BUSFIN 714 (15 points): FinTech Applications
- BUSFIN 715 (15 points): FinTech and Financial Intermediation
- BUSFIN 722 (30 points): FinTech Industry Project OR BUSFIN 725 (30 points): FinTech Project
Sustainable Finance Specialisation
- BUSFIN 712 (15 points): Sustainable Finance
- BUSFIN 713 (15 points): Climate Finance
- BUSFIN 721 (30 points): Sustainable Finance Industry Project OR BUSFIN 724 (30 points): Sustainable Finance Project