Doctoral study in Pathology
Why study with us?
Doctoral study in Pathology is hosted in a modern department, fully equipped to undertake research in cellular and molecular biology, genetics and laboratory medicine.
Researchers within the School of Molecular Medicine and Pathology have access to a range of modern facilities, including laboratories, tissue culture and computers.
- We welcome research proposals in topics relating to the following themes:
- Infection and Immunity
- Cancer and Genomic Medicine
- Stem cells and Development
Our research themes are led by staff who are internationally recognised experts and highly regarded researchers.
Infection and immunity
- Associate Professor Thomas Proft
- Associate Professor Simon Swift
- Associate Professor Mark Thomas
- Associate Professor Siouxsie Wiles
- Professor John Fraser
- Associate Professor Roger Booth
Cancer and genomic medicine
- Professor Stefan Bohlander
- Professor Cris Print
- Professor Peter Shepherd
- Professor Peter Browett
- Associate Professor Nuala Helsby
Stem cells and development
Scholarships and awards
You may be eligibile for a scholarship when you decide to pursue doctoral study.
If you are interested in conducting a research project with us, please contact the Department of Molecular Medicine and Pathology's postgraduate adviser.
Dr Chris Hall
Phone: +64 9 923 2910