Mathematics Fundamentals NSMAT 10
This is a short, intensive course taught on Saturdays in a workshop environment. Most of the time you'll be working together collaboratively, either as a class or in groups, but sometimes there will be lectures.
Mathematics Fundamentals is a great way to build your skills and confidence.
Before enrolling in this course you will be required to sit a maths assessment.
For more information please contact the New Start office.
You'll complete two assignments and sit an end-of-course test.
Having successfully completed the course, you'll be able to:
- Approach further mathematics courses with increased skills
- Understand the order of operations and factors
- Understand algebra and how it relates to expanding, factorising, fractions, and equations
- Confidently manipulate equations and rearrange formulas
- Gain confidence and speed with metric conversions, ratios, percentages
- Change numbers by rounding and converting to standard form
- Understand index laws/powers
- Grasp basic geometry of rectangles, triangles, and circles
- Understand how line equations relate to their graphs
2018 course dates
Prior to Semester Two 2018
When: 4 sessions, Saturdays 16 June – 7 July, 9am–4pm (2018 Semester One)
Where: University of Auckland City Campus
Closing date for online application: 10 June 2018