Mathematics Preparation for University NSMAT 14
Do you wish to gain admission to the University of Auckland by way of the New Start programme? This course, together with New Start General, will qualify you to apply for entry to the Bachelor of Commerce or the Bachelor of Property programme
You'll explore a variety of topics of everyday interest, with the aim of clarifying the underlying mathematics and statistics.
Before enrolling in this course, you will be required to sit a maths assessment.
For more information please contact the New Start office.
During the course, you'll complete three assignments and sit an end-of-course test.
Having successfully completed this course, you'll be able to:
- Expand and factorise quadratic expressions, as well as solve and graph quadratic equations
- Understand the basic idea of functions and inverses
- Analyse statistical data with scatter graphs, bar graphs, stem-and-leaf plots and boxplots
- Understand the terms mean and standard deviation
- Use the normal distribution to make predictions and estimations
2022 Semester One
Semester One: Wednesdays 6-8pm, 28 February–27 June 2022 (subject to change due to staff availability)
Where: The University of Auckland, City Campus
Closing date for online applicaiton: 21 February 2022
2022 Semester Two
Semester Two: Wednesdays 6–8pm, 18 July–14 November 2022 (subject to change due to staff availability)
Where: The University of Auckland City Campus
Closing date for online applications: 11 July 2022