Mathematics Preparation for University NSMAT 14
Do you wish to gain admission to the University of Auckland by way of the New Start programme? This course, together with New Start General, will qualify you to apply for entry to the Bachelor of Commerce or the Bachelor of Property programme
You'll explore a variety of topics of everyday interest, with the aim of clarifying the underlying mathematics and statistics.
Before enrolling in this course, you will be required to sit a maths assessment.
For more information please contact the New Start office.
During the course, you'll complete three assignments and sit an end-of-course test.
Having successfully completed this course, you'll be able to:
- Expand and factorise quadratic expressions, as well as solve and graph quadratic equations
- Understand the basic idea of functions and inverses
- Analyse statistical data with scatter graphs, bar graphs, stem-and-leaf plots and boxplots
- Understand the terms mean and standard deviation
- Use the normal distribution to make predictions and estimations
2021 Semester One course dates
When: 12 sessions, Thursdays, 4 March–27 May, 6.30–8.30pm
Where: The University of Auckland, City Campus
Orientation Day: Saturday 27 February, 9.45am–2.30pm
Closing date for online applicaiton: 21 February 2021
2021 Semester Two course dates
When: 12 sessions, Thursdays , 22 July–21 October, 6.30–8.30pm
Where: The University of Auckland City Campus
Orientation Day: Saturday 17 July, 10am–3pm, University of Auckland, City Campus
Closing date for online applications: 12 July 2021