About the Nutrition and Dietetic Clinic
Training dietitians for today and tomorrow.
We provide individual consultations at our clinic. These are provided by final-year student dietitians under the direct supervision of a New Zealand Registered Dietitian—this may be direct or using or two-way clinic rooms.
The Nutrition and Dietetic clinic aims:
- To provide members of the community with affordable evidence-based, personalised dietary advice and ongoing support to assist them to work towards achieving their health goals
- To provide students with a safe and supportive learning environment to develop their dietetic skills as they progress towards competency
What we do
Our student dietitians provide personalised advice and ongoing support to assist clients in working towards achieving their health goals.
They can do this for a range of health concerns including:
- Weight management
- High cholesterol and/or heart disease
- Type 2 diabetes
- Coeliac disease
- Nutrition after cancer treatment
- Irritable bowel syndrome (stage 1 only)
- Nutrition for pregnancy or breastfeeding
- Early stage kidney disease
- Poor appetite
- Sport nutrition
As this is a student-led clinic we are unable to accept referrals for the following health concerns:
- Children (including fussy eating, weight management and allergies)
- Eating disorders and disorded eating
- Irritable bowel syndrome requiring a low FODMAP diet
- Significant allergies and intolerances
The following document provides details of private practice dietitians within the Auckland Region who may be able to see clients who have health concerns outside of the scope of our student-led clinic.