Enrol in University Health and Counselling
Find out how to make University Health and Counselling your Primary Healthcare Organisation.
- Primary Healthcare Organisation (PHO) enrolment is only available to those who are New Zealand permanent residents or citizens, and those who are considered "domestic students". To enrol with University Health and Counselling, you must be a current student at the University.
- To enable a safe transfer of care of patients, the UHCS allows a grace period for ex-students to transition to a new health care provider. The patient will be sent a letter to inform them that they are no longer entitled to be enrolled in UHCS and will need to find an alternative health care provider.
- If the person has re-enrolled in a course of study at the University, their details will remain on the system, and they will continue to be an enrolled patient in UHCS.
For more information about PHO enrolment, visit Procare.
- If you enrol with University Health and Counselling as your PHO, you will receive low-cost health and medical services.
- You will also pay less for prescriptions.
Note: Counselling services are available free of charge to all domestic students.
Students enrolled with another PHO
We will only see non PHO-enrolled students if it is an emergency.
You don't need to be a PHO-enrolled student to use our counselling services, but it may help if you need medical assistance along with counselling.
How to enrol
To register the University Health and Counselling Service as your Primary Health Organisation, download and print the form below.
Once you've completed and signed the form, return it to our front desk and we will take care of the process from there
If you are an international student
- If you have an insurance policy with our preferred insurer Allianz, we will look after all the paperwork for you. In some cases, some services may not be covered by your insurance but we will let you know about this or any other extra costs that you might need to pay for.
- If you have an insurance policy with another insurance provider, you will need to pay for your visit and then liaise with your insurer so that you can be reimbursed for the cost.
- To register, download and print the International Student Registration Form. Once you've completed and signed the form, please return it to us at our City, Grafton or Epsom campus.