Fees for University Health and Counselling
Find out about fees and charges for services at University Health and Counselling.
Fees will depend on whether you are enrolled with University Health and Counselling as your Primary Health Organisation. Fees are also displayed in our reception area.
Note: All consultations must be paid on the day. Some services require a non-refundable deposit, such as dive medicals and specialist appointments.
If you can't make or need to change an appointment, you need to let us know as soon as possible.
- Medical and health appointments can be cancelled/changed up to 2 hours before your appointment.
- Counselling appointments can be cancelled/changed up to 24 hours before your appointment.
You can cancel your appointment in person or by phone on 09 923 7681.
- If you miss an appointment or do not cancel within the timeframe, you will be charged a fee of $10. This must be paid at the time it is charged or before your next appointment.
- We are a student service and we need to make sure that any available appointment slots are filled by students who need help.
- If you have exceptional circumstances for missing an appointment, please let our reception staff know.
There may be a charge for any additional materials that may be used in treatments or consultations.
|Health and counselling fees for domestic students||PHO enrolled||Non-enrolled (casual)
with Community Services Card/High User Card
without Community Services Card/High User Card
|GP ACC surcharge||$10||$30||$35|
|Nurse ACC consultation||$8||$23||$27|
|Counselling||No charge||No charge||No charge|
Find out about enrolling with University Health and Counselling as your Primary Health Organisation. Extended consultations will incur an additional charge.
- If you're covered by Allianz's Studentsafe policy, we will process your claim on your behalf.
- If you have coverage with another insurer, you will need to pay for your consultation and provide the paperwork to your insurer for reimbursement.
Note: Some services may not be covered by your policy – check with reception. Extended consultations will incur an additional charge.
|Health and counselling fees for international students||with Allianz||with another insurer|
|GP ACC surcharge||Bulk-billed||$54|
|Nurse ACC consultation||Bulk-billed||$35|
|Fees for specialist visits||Domestic students
|Non-enrolled (casual)||International students
|Sexual health clinic||$8||$35||$35|
|Travel clinic (excludes cost of vaccines)||$60||Not available||$60|
$98 (follow up)
|Not available||Not available|
|Dive medical (requires $50 deposit)||$110||Not available||$110|
|Antarctic medical (requires $50 deposit)||$160||Not available||$160|
|Outward Bound medical||$40||Not available||$160|
|Other specific medicals||As quoted||As quoted||As quoted|
|Minor surgery||As quoted||Not available||Pre approval required|
|Vaccines / allergy injections||Price on application||Price on application||Price on application|
The prices listed below are in addition to the standard consultation fee, for both domestic and international students.
|Prices for additional procedures||Domestic students
|ECG cardiologist review (in addition to ECG cost)||$20|
|Dressing consumables||$5 - $15 (max)|
|Fees for repeat prescriptions||Domestic students
|Fax through to pharmacy (Additional charge)||$5||$5|