Student same-day loan laptop
Students can borrow a laptop to use on campus for the day to support their studies or to sit an exam.
What can I do on a same-day loan laptop?
These laptops have the standard software suite installed, including the Inspera Exam Portal (IEP) for Mode B exams, and so can be used like any on-campus student computer.
These laptops are for on-campus use only. They are powerful enough to support you with most standard study requirements. For example, you can use your device for:
- Watching recordings
- Accessing Canvas
- Using the internet
- Completing assignments
- Sitting online assessments
- Sitting Mode B examinations
You can borrow one of these laptops for the day, but you must return the device before the end of the day. There is no limit on how many times you can borrow one of these laptops during your studies.
Who can borrow one of these laptops?
You can borrow a same-day loan laptop for use on-campus if you are:
- An actively enrolled student at the University of Auckland for the current semester, and
- Enrolled in a Bachelor, Bachelor (Honours), Graduate Diploma, Postgraduate Certificate/Diploma, or Masters programme
If you meet these conditions, you can visit the Student IT Hub to borrow a laptop. These are issued on a first-come-first-served basis each day.
Terms and conditions for a loaned device
The following conditions apply for the loan of a same-day laptop:
- You must meet the above eligibility criteria.
- You must have your Campus Card for the device to be issued.
- You can only use the device on campus as you cannot log in off campus.
- You must take good care of the device as per the Library Statute provisions.
- You must return the device within the opening hours the locations identified below.
- Any overdue loans will result in a borrowing block being applied to your account.
- If you lose or intentionally damage the laptop, a replacement cost could be charged.
Collecting and returning a loan laptop
To borrow a device
- You can visit the Student IT Hub to borrow a same-day loan laptop.
To return a device
Doctoral candidate technology support
If you are a doctoral candidate needing a laptop or computer, please speak with your supervisor or Group Services Manager about your requirements.
They can help you with requesting a device as a doctoral candidate or explore the options available to you within your Department or School.