Student Emergency Fund
We appreciate that you may experience financial difficulties while at University. Many of those difficulties can be unexpected and out of your control, in such situations the University may be able to provide you with hardship support.
Student Emergency Fund – General Hardship Support
You can apply to this fund if an unexpected event has caused financial difficulties and is affecting your studies.
To be eligible, you need to:
- be a currently enrolled student (note: doctoral candidates who are under examination or on a Covid-related suspension may also apply)
- be in New Zealand
- have exhausted all other avenues of financial assistance – eg, StudyLink, WINZ, savings, etc.
- complete the Student Emergency Fund Application Form below
Funding support is available to help with living costs including groceries, private rental payments, utility bills
The fund is unable to support:
- Payment of tuition fees
- Payment of additional course expenses
- Payment of debt accumulation