Student Emergency Fund
We appreciate that you may experience financial difficulties while at University. Many of those difficulties can be unexpected and out of your control, in such situations the University may be able to provide you with hardship support.
Update: Tuesday 2 March
Our student support team is working really hard to respond to all of your queries.
If the following topics apply to you, head to the studying in 2021 webpage for the latest updates.
- Worried about when to pay for your fees, or have questions about Free Fees
- Having trouble enrolling or need assistance with enrolling
- Would like to request a loan laptop or WIFI device
We appreciate your patience and kindness while we respond to all your queries.
Student Emergency Fund – General Hardship Support
You can apply to this fund if an unexpected event has caused financial difficulties and is affecting your studies.
To be eligible, you need to:
- be a currently enrolled student
- have attended your course for two weeks or more
- have exhausted all other avenues of financial assistance – eg, StudyLink, WINZ, savings, etc.
- complete the Student Emergency Fund Application Form below
Funding support is available to help with living costs including groceries, private rental payments, utility bills
The fund is unable to support:
- Payment of tuition fees
- Payment of additional course expenses
- Payment of debt accumulation