Starting your study journey
Ko te manu e kai ana i te miro, nōna te ngahere. Ko te manu e kai ana i te mātauranga, nōna te Ao.
The bird who feeds on miro has the forest
The bird who feeds on knowledge has the world
We can offer you:
- world-class teaching and research excellence
- national and international partnerships, networks and links
- more than 30 undergraduate programmes
- programmes and courses important to Māori social and economic growth
- vibrant campus life including sports, cultural and social activities
- a unique cultural experience in the Polynesian capital of the world.
What you can study
Choose from arts, business and economics, creative arts and industries, education and social work, engineering, law, medical and health sciences, and science with more than 30 undergraduate programmes.
In practical terms, this means:
- we have more Māori graduates at bachelor level than another institution
- 22 per cent of all Māori graduates come from our University
- 85 per cent of our Māori students completed their courses in 2015.
Getting into the University of Auckland
Check out our step-by-step guide to admission and applications.
We also have specific options for Māori students including:
- Undergraduate Targeted Admission Scheme (UTAS).
- For medical and health sciences students, the Māori and Pacific Admission Scheme.
- For engineering students, the Māori and Pasifika Targeted Entry Scheme (MAPTES).
Bridging and foundation programmes
If you aren't offered a place at the University, you can still study towards your desired programme.
- Foundation Certificate Education
This specialist programme helps bridge you into tertiary study at the Faculty of Education and Social Work.
- Hikitia Te Ora - Certificate in Health Sciences
This is one-year programme is specifically for Māori or Pacific students wanting tostudy for health professions.
- New Start
Part-time university preparation courses.
- The University of Auckland Tertiary Foundation Certificate (TFC)
This full-time, one-year programme covers subjects from Arts and Science that will prepare you for University study. It is primarily targeted at students who have not met the entry requirements for University Entrance and are under 20.
UniBound Summer is an Academic Enrichment Programme that can help you kick start your University journey.
Scholarships we offer
We offer hundreds of scholarships every year to students starting undergraduate study.