Postgraduate study in Digital Security
What can you study in Digital Security?
The Master of Professional Studies in Digital Security teaches you how to design, plan and manage a secure information technology (IT) infrastructure. You can develop a specialised combination of skills that include computer science, information systems, software engineering and operations management.
You will explore integral skills in digital security by working on projects about real industry problems, supervised by our researchers.
Graduates of the programme will develop expertise in:
- Authentication and access control
- Governance, information assurance and risk analysis
- Network infrastructure and protocol
- Physical security and surveillance
- Research skills
Structuring your postgraduate programme in Digital Security
Master of Professional Studies (MProfStuds) in Digital Security 120-point taught masters
30 points from:
30 points from:
- COMPSCI 702 Security for Smart-devices
- COMPSCI 705 Advanced Topics in Human Computer Interaction
- COMPSCI 720 Advanced Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- COMPSCI 732 Software Tools and Techniques
- COMPSCI 742 Advanced Internet: Global Data Communications
- INFOSYS 720 Information Systems Research
- INFOSYS 730 Telecommunications Management
- INFOSYS 737 Adaptive Enterprise Systems
- INFOSYS 750 Research Methods – Quantitative
- INFOSYS 751 Research Methods – Qualitative
60 points from:
Explore the postgraduate courses you can take for the Master of Professional Studies in Digital Security specialisation:
Where can postgraduate study in Digital Security take you?
There is a demand for digital security specialists due to the increasing risks of disruption and compromise of information technology (IT) systems. Our graduates learn the fundamentals of secure IT design, planning and management, which make this qualification very attractive to employers.
Jobs related to Digital Security
- Information security analyst
- Network support engineer
- Security operations analyst
- Senior security specialist
Meet our student
Nitish Sant is studying the Master of Professional Studies (MProfStuds) in Digital Security. Watch the video below and hear what he has to say about studying Digital Security.
Scholarships and awards
Each year we award scholarships and prizes to thousands of students.
Find out about the scholarships you may be eligible for, search available scholarships or begin an application by visiting Scholarships and awards.
Help and advice
Visit your hubs for help and advice on any aspect of your studies and life at University.
The Student Hubs are your physical gateway to Waipapa Taumata Rau | the University of Auckland.
The Student Hubs services are available seven days a week at the City, Grafton, Epsom and Tai Tonga campuses and six days a week at Tai Tokerau, with friendly staff available to provide you with advice on any aspect of your studies and life at the University.