If you follow the Nutrition pathway you’ll study human nutrition, the maintenance of good health and the wellbeing of populations. These topics require you to consider the environmental, social, economic and cultural aspects of eating behaviours and how they impact health.
Structuring your pathway
For your Nutrition pathway you must complete the following courses, plus the Food Science and Nutrition capstone course, FOODSCI 399:
- 120 points:
- BIOSCI 101 Life! Origins and Mechanisms
- BIOSCI 106 Foundations of Biochemistry
- BIOSCI 107 Biology for Biomedical Science: Cellular Processes and Development
- CHEM 110 Chemistry of the Living World
- FOODSCI 100 Foundations of Food and Nutrition
- MEDSCI 142 Biology for Biomedical Science: Organ Systems
- POPLHLTH 111 Population Health
- STATS 108 Statistics for Commerce
- 105 points:
- 60 points:
- 15 points from:
- 15 points from:
- 15 points:
You can use our degree planners to help you plan the courses you need to take for your BSc. To find the most up to date Food Science and Nutrition (Nutrition pathway) degree planner, go to the Science degree planners page.
Other Food Science and Nutrition pathways
Nutrition not your thing? Browse our other Food Science and Nutrition pathway to see if it matches your interests.
Help and advice
Visit your hubs for help and advice on any aspect of your studies and life at University.
The Student Hubs are your physical gateway to Waipapa Taumata Rau | the University of Auckland.
The Student Hubs services are available seven days a week at the City, Grafton, Epsom and Tai Tonga campuses and six days a week at Tai Tokerau, with friendly staff available to provide you with advice on any aspect of your studies and life at the University.