Orientation is our way of formally welcoming you to our faculty. You’ll also discover all the facilities and support services at the University, and get the opportunity to meet other new students
Engineering Orientation Day for Undergraduates
Semester Two: Friday, 16 July 2021
Join us to familiarise yourself with the faculty and its support structures, meet fellow students and prepare for your first week of lectures.
During Orientation we have a number of activities and information sessions that will help prepare you for the challenges ahead, including tips and strategies for staying on top of your studies.
The day starts at 8.30am with a mihi whakatau and welcome by key faculty staff and students. You are invited to assemble at John Hood Plaza behind the Business School. You will get the opportunity to know the Faculty of Engineering's staff, fellow students, and ask any question you have about your new programme of study.
Orientation Day activities
- mihi whakatau and welcome - Assemble at the John Hood Plaza for a welcome by key faculty staff and students
- Campus Tour - Get introduced to the Engineering facilities at the City Campus
- Academic Requirements - Learn about the structure and requirements of your new degree
- Being an Engineering student - A presentation by current students with helpful tips and advice for new students
- Help and Support - A presentation about how to access the various support services offered by the Faculty of Engineering
- Lunch - A light lunch
- Employers Fair - An opportunity to meet future employers and find out where Engineering can take you
- DELNA Screening - A chance for new students to take the Diagnostic English Language Needs Assessment
Engineering Orientation for Postgraduates
A warm welcome to our new postgraduate students!
Orientation is an essential event covering important information about your degree and the faculty support services for postgraduate students.
Wednesday, 14 July 2021
2:00 - 3:45pm: Postgraduate Engineering Faculty session, 405.422, Faculty of Engineering Building, 20 Symonds Street, City Campus.
This session will cover academic expectations, staff you need to know, upcoming events, and advice on accessing help and support. We will also do a tour of the Faculty and spend some time getting to know each other.
If you have questions about orientation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Women in Engineering Network orientation
All Engineering students who identify as women are encouraged to come along to our Women in Engineering Network (WEN) orientation on Monday, 22 February 2021.