New Zealand ASEAN Scholar Awards
What are the New Zealand ASEAN Scholar Awards?
The New Zealand ASEAN Scholar Award is a full-time multi-year postgraduate scholarship available for candidates from selected ASEAN nations to study at the University of Auckland. The scholarship is funded by the New Zealand Aid Programme and is managed by the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (MFAT).
These awards aim to empower individuals with the knowledge, skills and qualifications to make a substantial contribution to the economic, social and political development within ASEAN nations.
What does the New Zealand ASEAN Scholar Award at the University of Auckland cover?
Full tuition fees, return economy air travel, an establishment allowance upon arrival in New Zealand, medical insurance and provision for students to meet basic living costs.
Partners of New Zealand ASEAN scholars are eligible for a work visa that allows them to live and work in New Zealand for the duration of their partner’s study.
How do I apply for a New Zealand ASEAN Scholar Award?
- Future undergraduates
- Future postgraduates
- Current students
- Welcome to our international students
- Welcome! Bienvenido! Herzlich Willkommen!
- Why choose The University of Auckland?
- Study options
- Study Abroad and Exchange
- Entry requirements
- How to apply
- Life at Auckland
- Tuition fees and costs
- Scholarships, loans and funding
- Career prospects
- Academic information
- International Prospectus
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Contact us
- Parents and family
- Alumni and friends
- Business, employers and community
- The media
- The University
- Programmes and courses
- Admission and enrolment
- Teaching and learning
- International Strategy
- Māori ki Tāmaki Makaurau | Māori at the University
- Pacific at the University
- Equity at the University | Te Ara Tautika
- Giving to Auckland
- Careers at Auckland
- News, events and notices
Faculties, institutes, campuses and library
- Faculty of Arts
- Business School
- National Institute of Creative Arts and Industries
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences
- Faculty of Science
- Liggins Institute
- Auckland Bioengineering Institute
- Libraries and Learning Services
- More information...