Withdrawing from your residential agreement
Find out how to withdraw from your residential agreement and the conditions for refunds.
How do I withdraw my application?
- If you no longer require accommodation for any reason, please let us know in writing as soon as possible so that we can offer your place to an applicant on the waiting list.
- Contact our student support team with your full name and Student ID number, indicating that you wish to withdraw and the reason for your withdrawal.
- We can’t accept withdrawals over the telephone, they must be in writing from the person whose name is on the residential agreement.
Refund conditions for withdrawal from all University of Auckland residences
|Date of withdrawal for 2018 accommodation offers||Refund conditions|
|Withdrawal from a confirmed room up to and including: 16 January 2018||
Withdrawal from confirmed room AFTER: 16 January 2018*
*includes offers made and accepted after 16 January 2018.
Withdrawal from confirmed room upon:
|Withdrawal after taking up residency||
Should I wish to leave before the end of the residency period, I agree to:
I understand that:
Student visa withdrawal
- We are unable to offer accommodation to students who require a visa to study in New Zealand, until such a time that their visa has been approved, and the student has notified us.
- If you accept an offer of accommodation, and later withdraw because you do not have a current student visa, you will forfeit your deposit and any advance fees you have paid.
- If you arrive after the start date of the residential agreement, due to delays in receiving a student visa, you will be liable for charges from the contracted date.
How do I make a complaint or appeal a decision?
If you seek to appeal the decision or make a complaint relating to your placement in University-owned and operated accommodation, write to:
Manager - Accommodation Solutions
The University of Auckland
Private Bag 92019
Auckland Mail Centre